Pages

Chủ Nhật, 21 tháng 6, 2015

‘I knew I had to hit it’ - Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard delighted with goal for England Under-21s

‘I knew I had to hit it’ - Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard delighted with goal for England Under-21s

Manchester United star Jesse Lingard has revealed his delight at getting the winning goal as England beat Sweden 1-0 at the European Under-21 Championship.

The 22-year-old, who spent time on loan with Derby County this season, struck home a volley after 85 minutes to decide a dismal clash in Olomouc.

And Lingard insisted it was always his intention to lash a shot goalwards when a half-cleared corner fell in his direction.

“I knew straight away to hit it,” he told talkSPORT. “There were a lot of people in the box so luckily enough I stayed on the edge of the box and it fell right to me.

“It was a clean strike. The lads had dug in all game so it was good to get the goal.”

audio_title: 
Liste to the full interview with Jesse Lingard here
Source : talksport[dot]com
post from sitemap

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét